The following is a link to his mornings broadcast of the Sweet and Sour Variety Hour- complete with technical difficulties and amateur fading techniques! Hear my learning curve (right click to save)
The first half of the show is the magnificent Daniel Pinchbeck talking about the benefits of utilizing psychedelic substances.
Then we hear from Elizabeth May when I caught up with her at Salt Spring island’s Seedy Saturday! (find the isolated .mp3 of this interview here)
And lastly, we hear an inspirational TEDx talk by an 11 year old. Fascinating stuff.
Hi reader! Here are my blog bullets for this monday spent at Film Buff:
- Had a great weekend on Salpspring Island, as usual. Interviewed Elizabeth May!!
- The West Side Story movie is very racist and mildly sexist.
- Reader supported newspaper columns are totally amusing. Check out the Valentines in Seattles (only) newspaper The Stranger.
- Lucky is the first person to spy the biggest muffin out of the oven.
- Another huge reason I love The Stranger: Savage Love by Dan Savage. I used to really love reading these every time I stepped on the train. I just read every column published in the last year. Another one I really found interesting as hell was Sasha‘s column Love Bites.
- The US Vs. John Lennon is a great documentary! Watch the trailer here
Oooooh laa laaa CHLY.
How I love thee. My very own radio show proposal was accepted, and now every Wednesday morning at 8am, listeners hear the brand new SWEET AND SOUR VARIETY HOUR!!! Continue reading First 4 Episodes of the Sweet and Sour Variety Hour