What a beautifully crispy morning on the West Coast of Canada….
Here’s the MP3 of today’s episode of the Sweet and Sour Variety Hour! Right click and SAVE AS if you wanna listen to it later or something…. http://serv.dailysplice.com/1766/dN8E7v/SSVH_Mar_7_2012.mp3
Today I featured the music of Cornershop from their 2011 album Double’O’ Groove Of, and covered the following topics:
- (07:10)Wednesday Wilderness Survival tip, how to deal with an allergic reaction in the wild
- (17:45)TED talk from Paul Gilding, former Aussie Army guy, Greenpeace CEO, business executive, and now author of the new book The Great Disruption talks about how “The Earth is Full”, but offers a positive outlook on our future (somehow!) That clip was dedicated to my new friend Kate Massy who shares my optimism for the future of our immediate community. <3 I love that woman.
- (35:15)I chatted with Kristjanne Vosper (another woman I love) about the Alberta Tar Sands. She enlightens us to the realities Canadians face when it comes to the silly silly choices made on behalf of us by a government that clearly doesn’t have our best interests in mind. Big thanks to KV!!! Also, I’m a jerk not wishing her a happy day of being born. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kristjanne!!!!!!)
- (51:05) Another sweet mix featuring the thoughts of brilliant Terence McKenna called The Challenge. (video below)
- AND THEN I GAVE AWAY TICKETS TO GIRAFFE AFTERMATH & BRAVE NEW WAVES!!!! No audio of that. Too bad for you.
OH!! Also!! You should tune into People First Radio tomorrow! Here’s a pdf of what we’ll be tackling this week: http://www.columbiancentre.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012_pfr_enews_153_march_08.pdf