Every Wednesday morning at 8, the program made up of segments produced by community members airs again! This week, we have [most of] the Songs of the Year list for 2019 hot off the press from The Free Wheel ‘zine. After that, we hear a news clip from TRNN about how the RCMP DGAF about murdering peaceful civilians on behalf of an oil corporation. WTAF, eh? Dimitri Lascaris is on the case. Thanks, Dimitri. Thanks Real News. Donate here if you can
Here is this weeks Sweet and Sour Variety Hour ripe for the downloadin’
- One South Lark – Japanese Soda
- Yeasayer – Ecstatic Baby
- The New Pornographers – Falling Down the Stairs of Your Love
- Tame Impala – Borderline
- Pinegrove – Phase
- Wye Oak – Fortune
- Men I Trust – Tailwhip
- Billie Elish – Ilomilo
- Caroline Polachek – Door
- Sigrid – Never Mine
- Better Oblivion Community Center – Dylan Thomas
- Sharon Van Etten – Seventeen
- The Highwomen – Highwomen
- The Real News Network: Canada’s Cops Were Ready to Shoot Indigenous Anti-Pipeline Activists RCMP officers were instructed to use as much violence as they wanted at the blockade of the Coastal Gaslink Pipeline. Kanahus Manuel, an indigenous activist in British Columbia, said it’s part of Canada’s long colonial legacy.
Some brand new tracks from BADBADNOTGOOD, Tame Impala,Caravan Palace, Caribou, and more. The final few minutes is MP Paul Manly speaking in the House of Commons to a crowd of heckling nincompoops.
Here is the file, airing on CHLY 101.7fm to 40 coastal communities around the Salish Sea on Wednesday December 11th 2019
- Jonah Yano, BADBADNOTGOOD – Key To Love
- Devandra Banhart- Shabop Shalom
- Cotton Jones – Marula
- Jonathan Wilson – Trafalgar Square
- Tame Impala – Posthumous Forgiveness
- Caribou – You and I
- Caravan Palace – Miracle
- Francoise Hardy – Juke Box
On @ssvhradio this week, 55 minutes of requested songs and one story about a birthday party clown.
Right next to Joe Rogan on your podcast app! Just search for the Sweet and Sour Variety Hour.
The file: Airing live on CHLY 101.7fm at 8am PST for the 400th time
Ashby – John R.
& The Mysterians – Set Aside
y Gabriela – Diablo Rojo
& The Rooster – It’s Got a Good Dance
Growlers – Try Hard Fool
Banhart – Taking a Page
– Oh Sienna
Warren – The Point
South Lark – Japanese Soda
– Disparate Youth
– The Idiots are Taking Over
– Living Island
– Data& Picard
The Moth – I am Batman by the artist Paul Davis
My radio pal turns 88 this week! He has a collection of vinyl records in the tens of thousands. Every week he chooses an hours worth, just for the dear listeners of CHLY. They are recorded directly from his vinyl turntable, broadcast to the Salish Sea every Monday at 11am PST, and then never to be heard again! For the songs on this week’s Sweet and Sour Variety Hour, I reached back over the 88 years Tom has been alive. All of us fans sure appreciate his continued dedication and for carefully curating snippets of interesting songs and stories on What’s Next.
Here is the file
Tracklist coming soon