Yum yum. Many tins for the freezer
- Cook 2 cups of rice, then cool.
- Sautée in butter: 3 grated carrots, 3 minced onion, 6 cloves crushed garlic, chopped Asian greens, then cool.
- Assemble filling by mixing 2lbs ground beef, the sautéed stuff, the cooked rice, 2 eggs, 2 cups of tomato sauce, chopped fresh tomato, spices, salt.
- Core and blanche cabbage
- Prep containers by “greasing” the bottoms with tomato sauce.
- Roll that bizniss and don’t stop till you get enough
- Seal tight & freeze!
- To make: thaw for half a day, then put into 350 oven for 1.5 hours.
A one-page sample sourdough routine for 2 loaves using a close cast iron pot for baking in. I adapted it from Emma Christensen’s interpretation of Chad Robertson‘s recipe in Tartine Book No. 3.
Here is the
printable pdf file: AshtasSourdoughSchedule
1 spoon miso paste
2 spoons mayo
3-4 spoons yogurt
1 can/bottled/cooked fish (like tuna)
a bunch of chopped spring onions, chives, green onion, whatever
Only 1 dish was dirtied in the execution of this meal! I forgot to take a picture. Oh well. Here’s how you do it
- Preheat the oven to 250. Pretty low.
- Put 4 quarter chicken pieces, bone in, on a rack suspended in a deep metal pan.
- Using a pestle, grind up a buuunch of dried rosemary, half a teaspoon of mustard seeds, and a tablespoon of dried oregano (sage would have been better suited). Rub herbs all over both sides of the chicken, then drizzle olive oil generously.
- Chop 2 onions and half an apple and spread it out under the chicken. Add a few big clumps of coconut oil to the pan.
- Put it in the preheated oven for at least 2 hours. Low and slow, baby.
- The trick here is to baste the chicken religiously and thoroughly, like, every 10 minutes if you can
- Watch that the bottom onion/apple doesn’t blacken! Remove it if you see it getting darker than brown. Dump it on a big handful of spinach, waiting on a plate.
- After 2 hours, remove the chicken from oven. Set aside the rack with chicken to rest.
- In the hot pan, squeeze half a lemon. You can turn on a stovetop burner to keep the heat on it. Wilt and crisp a bunch of chopped kale in the hot pan.
- Toss the hot oily kale with the spinach and crispy veg. Serve alongside chicken