Oh, here we have a special kind of week here on the Sweet and Sour Variety Hour. It was an arduous task to choose only one hour worth of songs from an era that defined the greasy angst of so many. But it is done. Indeed, it’s been a while since I’ve felt so smug about my playlist-making, but seriously, this one has so little cheese, you might think it was vegan. Was there veganism in the 90’s?
Grab your Discman, because here it is.
- The Cranberries, Zombie
- The Smashing Pumpkins, 1979
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Breaking the Girl
- Beck, Loser
- Soundgarden, Black Hole Sun
- Stone Temple Pilots, Sour Girl
- TOOL, Schism
- Silverchair, Israel’s Son
- Pearl Jam, Hail Hail
- Rage Against The Machine, Testify
- The Prodigy, Firestarter
- Beastie Boys, Intergalactic