On the Sweet and Sour Variety Hour this week, we have a set of songs that I have hand-picked from my heaviest rotations in the past year, followed by
the fascinating tale of The Most Sampled Loop in Music History by Great Big Story. After that, we hear another set of songs that each sound pretty different, but are all examples of what can come of the “most sampled loop in music history”, the Amen Break.
Here is the file fer downloadin’ which airs live to a million people in the Coast Salish area via terrestrial radio station CHLY-FM 101.7 on Wednesday October 14th 2020 at 8am PST
Here is a list of the music that played
- The Avalanches – If I Was a Folkstar
- Jack Stauber – Buttercup
- Luke Temple – Hard Working Hand
- Lady Wray – Guilty
- Great Big Story : The Most Sampled Loop
- The Winstons – Amen Brother
- Amy Winehouse – You Know I’m No Good
- Pomplemoose – Lovely Day/Good As Hell Mashup
- The Prodigy – Breathe
- Barrington Levy – Here I Come Drum N’Bass
This episode is dedicated to Gregory C. Coleman, a man who got pretty much no compensation for the moment he rocked out on his drum kit and changed the future of music forever.