The Sweet and Sour Variety Hour, every Wednesday morning airs live to about 1.5 million human beings, a few billion notable sea creatures, and literally trillions of bacterium. Yes, every one of these living organisms will be surrounded with the invisible frequency transmission of these songs via terrestrial radio giant CHLY 101.7 FM at 8am PST on Wednesday.
The particular music which makes up this week’s signal-shower is very dear to me. Some of it is strange. Some of it is not. All of it is wonderful.
Special mention goes out to someone named Ashton Freeman, on whom I have fervently mortgaged my home in order to place irresponsible bets on their imminent musical success.
- Jack Stauber – The Ballad of Hamantha
- Jack Stauber – Dead Weight
- Jack Stauber – Gettin’ my Mom on
- Circles Around the Sun (feat. Neal Casal) – Saturday’s Children
- The Beatles – Octopus’s Garden
- Guttermouth – Lemon Water
- The Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
- Ashton Freeman – Part of Me
- Ashton Freeman – Where You Need Me Most
- Ashton Freeman – Empty Handed
- Ashton Freeman – You Make Me Happy
- Girlpool – Before the World was Big
- The Dead Milkmen – Lydia, The Tattooed Lady
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts – Science Fiction/Double Feature