This week on the Sweet and Sour Variety Hour, lots of great music and an article about Nanaimo’s derelict centerpiece buildings from The Discourse.
This amazing publication is vying for a permanent place in the Nanaimo media landscape, and all they need is a show of hands. Click here to enter your email address and you will be counted as a voice in favour of community-driven journalism in Nanaimo.
Another cool opportunity is to secure a place for CHLY as a founding partner for this initiative! The Discourse is offering a place in their publication for CHLY and The Radio Malaspina Society (the non-profit that runs the station). All we need to do is raise some cash. Go to chly.ca/thediscourse if you’d like to contribute.
This is the file, which airs live to 40 coastal communities at 8am PST on Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020 via badass terrestrial radio station 101.7CHLY-FM
- Fat White Family – Tastes Good With the Money
- Fat White Family – Kim’s Sunsets
- Fat White Family – Fringe Runner
- Fat White Family – Rock Fishes
- Toubab Krewe – Hang Tan
- Dope Lemon – Home Soon
- Mike Nyoni and Born Free – Mad Man
- Dan Reader – Havana Burning
- Vulfpeck – Rango II
- Willie Mitchell – Windy
- Jenny Lewis – Little White Dove
- The Discourse: Plans to Revitalize Old A&B Sound Building in Downtown Nanaimo, By Julie Chadwick. Read by Ashta. Music: Ludovico Einaudi – Canzone Africana IV
- Caribou – Odessa