This week on the Sweet and Sour Variety Hour, lots of great music and an article about Nanaimo’s derelict centerpiece buildings from The Discourse.
This amazing publication is vying for a permanent place in the Nanaimo media landscape, and all they need is a show of hands. Click here to enter your email address and you will be counted as a voice in favour of community-driven journalism in Nanaimo.
Another cool opportunity is to secure a place for CHLY as a founding partner for this initiative! The Discourse is offering a place in their publication for CHLY and The Radio Malaspina Society (the non-profit that runs the station). All we need to do is raise some cash. Go to chly.ca/thediscourse if you’d like to contribute.
- Fat White Family – Tastes Good With the Money
- Fat White Family – Kim’s Sunsets
- Fat White Family – Fringe Runner
- Fat White Family – Rock Fishes
- Toubab Krewe – Hang Tan
- Dope Lemon – Home Soon
- Mike Nyoni and Born Free – Mad Man
- Dan Reader – Havana Burning
- Vulfpeck – Rango II
- Willie Mitchell – Windy
- Jenny Lewis – Little White Dove
- The Discourse: Plans to Revitalize Old A&B Sound Building in Downtown Nanaimo, By Julie Chadwick. Read by Ashta. Music: Ludovico Einaudi – Canzone Africana IV
- Caribou – Odessa